GAMES- Pending participation
1. Stick Pony Races
2. Lead Line Relay Race- Teams of 4 children have a leader and a pony. PONIES WILL BE PROVIDED. The leader leads child and pony around a barrel and back to the start. At the start the next child gets on the pony and continues to barrel. When all children on the team have gone around the barrel and returned to start the team is finished. First team to finish wins.
All classes will be ridden over natural fences in a field. Each jump will have 3 size options. Large jumps will not exceed 3’3, medium jumps will not exceed 2’6, and small jumps will not exceed 18 inches. Classes to be judged on suitability of horse and rider in the hunt field, manner and way of going. Classes to be ridden in proper hunt or show attire and tack.
1. Small/medium/large Pairs - To be ridden and judged in teams of two. Riders are judged based on their performance. Riders must jump over jump for their designated class height. Last fence should be jumped abreast. Participants that coordinate their appearances and style will be awarded more points.
2. Junior Hunter Class - Open to all riders 18 and younger riding in teams of no less than two and no more than five. Classes will be pinned as a team. Riders may ride over small, medium or large fences, or a combination of the three. Judges score the groups higher for going over the same size jumps.
3. Open Hunter Class- Open to all horses and ponies in teams of two to five. Classes will be pinned as a team. Riders may ride over small, medium or large fences, or a combination of the three. Judges score the groups higher for going over the same size jumps.
4. Junior Field Masters Class- Open to riders of all ages. Riders will follow a Field Master over an improvised course of the small/medium option fences. Riders will be asked to hold hard, trot fences, hand gallop and reverse field. Riders will be pinned individually.
5. Field Masters Class - Open to riders of all ages. Riders will follow a Field Master over an improvised course of the larger option fences. Riders will be asked to hold hard, trot fences, hand gallop and reverse field. Riders will be pinned individually.
6. Handy Hunter Course- Open to riders of all ages. Riders will be asked to jump a series of fences around the ring. There will be three different levels of jumps. 18” to 2’, 2’ to 2’6”, and 2’6” to 3’.
7. Field Hunter Championship- Open to all pairs who completed one of the previous classes 1-5, including all team members in team based classes. Additional riders may be asked to participate at the judges’ invitation. The Field Hunter Champion will be chosen based on performance in previous classes and a handy hunter jump round ridden individually.
8. Ride-A-Buck- Riders will bring $5 and a judge will place it under the rider’s thigh. Riders will be asked to ride in a group at different gaits and may be asked to jump. As riders drop their $5 they will be excused. The last rider with the dollar wins everybody else’s dropped money. Advanced riders will be asked to ride bareback at judge’s discretion.
9. Survey Tape Puissance- Open to riders of all ages. Riders will go one at a time jumping over the survey tape. After all horses in the class have jumped one height, we will raise it to the next height. If a horse breaks the survey tape, the horse will be eliminated from the class. The participant to jump the highest wins the class.
10. Flat Race-1 mile around the hunter course.
11. Hound Race.